Williamsburger Maps are an attempt to provide a useful tool for finding restaurants, bars, and other businesses in some of my favorite NYC neighborhoods.
Williamsburger Maps bring together the following data:
- Address & phone
- Williamsburger restaurant reviews
- Yelp reviews (which I’ve contributed)
- Menus from MenuPages, FreeWilliamsburg, Williamsburger, and official restaurant sites
- Photos I’ve taken, stored on Flickr
- Department of Health inspection reports
See the Maps category for up-to-date postings on the state of this feature.
- Bedford Ave, Williamsburg
- Lorimer St, Williamsburg
- South Side, Williamsburg
- Fifth Ave, Park Slope
- East Village
- Sloane Square, London
Current Version – 3.0
- Clicking on the expand/collapse buttons on the side panel businesses opens the map panel popup.
- 3-5 MB memory leak for each page load in Firefox. (Update 11/24/2005: with the removal of OpenRico in 2.7, this will need to be retested to verify it’s still an issue.)
- The marker PNG images have a transparent background in Firefox, and an inexplicable grey background in IE (but only when used outside of the Google Map div).