- 2 funny-colored peppers
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 tomato
- 1/8 onion
- 1/2 leftover green bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- black pepper
- Halve the multi-color peppers, remove seeds and inside bits.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut bacon into quarters. Reserve 4 of these.
- Fry bacon with onion until onion is clear.
- Finely chop tomato, pepper.
- Mix egg, bread crumbs, black pepper, then tomato and pepper. Mix with bacon/onion and use this mixture to fill the peppers.
- Cover each pepper half with one of the reserved bacon quarters.
- Place peppers into baking dish, pour warm water into bottom of pan.
- Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes.
Helped out by this recipe.